[WIP] about.me - Gavin Henderson
A little bit about me and what I like working on
I am a 21 year old software engineer from Edinburgh currently studying and living in Dundee.
Disclaimer: This repo isn’t designed to be a CV so please don’t treat it as one.
I love playing with web tech and keeping up to date with all the latest web technology. These days I find myself building everything on the web (when im in control of the stack at least). This repo is a summation of everything I’ve done and hopefully things will be added and removed as I improve as a dev. I have fought letting this page becoming massive so if you want to see a history and a more in depth looks at what I’ve done have a look at my blog where I post monthly. My Blog
Other than developing I love coffee, reading and running and just relaxing with friends and family.
Table Of Contents
- C++ - Taught on my CS course to enforce good memory management and object-orientated practices. Learn’t modern C++ working in a research team at Keysight Technologies. C++ is my low level language of choice.
- Python - Python was my first real language that got me into CS. I mainly learnt by completing exercism.io coding challenges. I’ve used it a few times more recently for data related tasks at Hackathons.
- PHP - Picked up PHP for the first time as it was a requirement of a database assignment. I have never written good PHP but I have written a lot of working PHP.
- Matlab - I learnt Matlab in the context of computer vision. As much as I hated some of the weird syntax at first it grew on me and I would be keen to use it for a some real world data analysis. I also really like the IDE because you can pinpoint your mistakes so fast.
- Other - Notable mentions are SQL, C# and Java. Learnt all of these on my course but havent picked them up since.
- Future - I would love to give RUST and GO a shot but haven’t yet found the right reason to try them out
Here you will find a little description about the projects in my portfolio. I have worked on a lot more projects than listed but these are the ones I am particularly proud of.
💻 - Hackathon Project
🎓 - University Assignment